Google

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation: Day 1

On Friday, Mom came home from work and then we left on our trip. We went all of the way to Aunt Katie's house. That was cool 'cause I like Aunt Katie. She has a cool yard, too.

Then we got into Aunt Katie's van and we started to go on our road trip. I sat on Mom's lap for a while, but it was hard to get comfy that way. When we stopped, Mom actually put me on the back seat in the van. I was not a fan of that, 'cause I couldn't see Mom. I need to be on her lap -- that's my job as the doggie! I was mad...but I was sleepy, too, so I finally just decided to take a nap on the seat.

We drove all of the way to Galena, and then you know what? Mom couldn't find a place called a hotel for us 'cause the places there didn't like little doggies. How rude! We finally found one, though, and that's where we went. Mom took my doggie bed inside, but I was too excited to sleep 'cause I'd never been in a hotel before. It was a strange, strange place. I heard lots of noises, too, even though it was way past my night-night time. People were doing stuff and I couldn't figure out what it was. I had to be the guard doggie!

Here's a picture of me in my very first hotel. I was gettin' a drink of water. Mom took my food mat and my water bowl so I'd have my own stuff. Cool, huh?
I got in trouble the next morning. Mom and Aunt Katie left me in the hotel room for a while when they went to go get people food. I heard noises outside, though, so I tried to talk to whoever was out there. Mom said that doggies aren't supposed to bark in hotels. Oops.

No comments: